Archives
<< current













 
Get a life! Sign my guestbook.

Darling Yang

Clem

Cons

Chris








Taaaagggg!

Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)





























manicwisp
 
Thursday, April 29, 2004  
After seeing how nice my friends' blogs look with their new templates, I got inspired to look for a new one for my blog (it's been a year, see) plus I was bored, so I surfed and tried out a few, but it's hard to find nice, free templates which actually fit my blog. I found a really cute one, which scrolls horizontally (instead of the usual vertical kind) but there's a caution stating that each box can't be too long, or the boxes will look weird, so I couldn't use that one, cos I have a bad tendency to rant and rave when I'm either very sad or very happy, and to post stupid pictures from quizzes declaring that I'm (together with 366,998,999 other pple) actually frodo in disguise, and should be cast in the next lotr movie (the volcano with the ring erupts, spewing the ring into a rice padi in Indonesia, which belongs to a poor farmer who then turns into an asian gollum).

Anyway, I just realized that I haven't blogged for almost a week, and my ardent fans (population : 1) must be baying for my blood, so here's an update on my nefarious activities of the past week, mostly consisting of reading with impunity during boring mindless SSM lectures, mouthing off at the tutor this morning (tutor : "so, would you consider doing V_'s research on gene targetting that she did in JC?" - V_ just gave a lengthy account on that subject and ended with a 'it was interesting but the actual experimentation was repetitive and tedious'- me: "oh, but she just said that it was boring what!") but thankfully with some happier events interspersed.

On Sunday I went cycling with W_ and S_ , a quarter of my rg gang (sadly the rest couldn't catch a flight back to singapore on time) W_ wanted sentosa again, so we went, and discovered that we could finish all the trails in 1 hr instead of the predicted 2 hrs (cos we didn't haf to consult the map at all this time, thanks to my excellent guidance). Also the gals didn't want to go on the challenge trail (BAH). But we did the jungle trail, and despite the initial complaints and losing W_ temporarily (" oh no, she's been eaten by a monster" - 2 mins later- "ahhh!!! what's that behind us?!!") S_ drove us in, and we circled the island 3 times before finding a parking spot (very crowded on sundays). At the entrance, they gave us a pamphlet - there was a dance performance at the musical fount that evening, and horrors of horrors, my good ole secondary school softball rivals were performing (hint : chink chang chong). I bet with the other two that there'd be furry pink fans and cheena music galore. Nobody wanted to take up the bet. I was proven correct. We had a picnic there. W_ forgot to bring bread (!!!) so we had to eat tuna out of the tin, and S_ brought fried eggs and ribena, and it was quite a feast. I think tuna tastes better without bread. But then I was very hungry. After that we went to the southermost blah blah blah to take pictures, it was very dark by then, and I haf a wonderful pic of W_ flashing the third finger at S_, the poor hapless photographer. I insist she wasn't flashing it at me. By some freak of lighting, there's this wonderful flame at the end of said finger, which makes her look like she's got a candle in her hand. Waiting for S_ to send me the pics. Made my own way home from harbourfront mrt, didn't get lost (yay!). Good job, charz.

Monday was loads of fun, F_ and I caught kill bill vol 2, which was damn cool & hilarious, and makes me wish that my lecturers were like pai mei (*beardflick* "M2s!! You are a bunch of treacherous dogs!!" "HAAAIIIIII!!!!!" *gouges eye out of sleeping student in row one* ) Ah, those were the days. Incidentally, I was moste amused when one of my group members suggested today that we shoulde explore the merits and mechanisms of the five-point exploding hearte technique. Although I yelled out a moste enthusiastic "hear, hear!", the brilliante suggestione was unfortunately not popular amongst the plebian masses (who hadn't had the priviledge of watching the showe) and consequently rejected. After the movie, we adjourned to 24hr swensens where F_ insisted that I order a salad as well, so as too prevent a repeat of last week's moste embarassing situation, where the waitress, assuming wrongly that the lady was the one ordering the salad, plonked the bowl in front of me instead of him, provoking much laughter from me and much irritation from my affable, loveable, decidedly straight but dieting lunch partner.

Tuesday : I am moste proude to announce that my darling F_ has finished his driving course and has had the opportunity to book a driving test date on the 17th day of the month of May in the year of our Lord 2004, at precisely 11.45am. I shall, of course, make an appearance on said date to cheer my beloved on, and also to stop any cars in the circuit from getting into his way *evil laughter* On this moste blessed daye I had the pleasure of WL's company. WL had been clamouring to see the puppies for a few weeks, and I felt that it was only righte that I allow her a sneak peek at the delightful doggies, for they lifteth the spirit and sootheth the soul. As WL had had a long day, after the ogling session we adjourned to my bedroom, where we spent the next 2 hours during some serious bumming-on-the-bed and chit-chatting about nothing in particular, like what makes us happy. She told me that she used to be very achievement-oriented, especially back in sec school and JC, what with academia and fencing. But now she's just happy to bask in the glow of the Lord. She's a happy person. What makes me happy? Haha I'm sure those close to me already know... Simply loving people and having people love me back makes me happy. So easy right? I'm an easy person to please. Really. And she told me something very heart-warming..she told me that whenever she can't make a decision, she'll use the advice which i gave her (I think it was way back in early january, when I was still going to church), which is to make all her decisions in love. I wish I could follow my own advice, I know sometimes when my temper gets the better of me I definitely don't do that, but I'm trying...It's the best way I can think of, to make a decision :) I'm happy now, in case you're wondering.
God, F_, my family and friends, they surround me with love and make me feel that life is worth living, always.

On wednesday, oh sweet wednesday, I had another fabulous wonderful fantastic day with F_, it was just the perfect day for me, although this week has been fun and wonderful every single day, truly God has blessed me this week :) Anyway, yesterday was really great, cos 1) I was with F_ (which is always good) and 2) I got to bum with him at my place, something we haven't done for ages!! We played with the puppies, he fed me chocolates and ice-cream (force-fed, now my bed has choc stains..heh) and we fell asleep, and we played the piano and held hands and walked down the street, and it was just wonderful and great and fun...It's so rare that we get privacy like this. No crowds, no noise, just the two of us in paradise. *Happy sigh*

Today was spent discussing SSM in groups in the morning (a happy little moment when I could be with F_ for a short while in med library & walking me to sem rm before the boring stuff began) and then, finally, reuniting with my beloved for a satisfying lunch at ikea, then going to queenstown library and finding no seats, except in the auditorium next to the cafe, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise cos they were screening pinocchio for a bunch of kids, and we watched too, and boy did it bring back memories for me! Used to watch it as a kid...Also bambi and dumbo...Haha that must have been at least 14 years ago. Boy am I old. Heh. Both of us (especially F_) were tired, so we went home after that, and I fell asleep, until the lightning and thunder and the rumbling in my stomach woke me up, and then I went to eat dinner and to look for F_ online, but he was busy on his gp guidebook, so then I surfed the net for templates till he was free, and now i'm repeating what I wrote right at the start of this entry (I started this entry almost 2 hrs ago) so I shall end this extra-long entry here.








10:07 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.