Archives
<< current













 
Get a life! Sign my guestbook.

Darling Yang

Clem

Cons

Chris








Taaaagggg!

Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)





























manicwisp
 
Monday, February 20, 2006  
I"m back! Looking at my mickey mouse shaking his head now. So cute. It's solar-powered, apparently the sunlight that comes into my room is so powerful that it shakes even tho it's next to my comp. So cute.

I decided to blog about valentine's day 2006 today. I don't think I would forget about it, but I'd like to preserve it in writing, just in case I *touch wood* knock my head and get amnesia.

Funny thing is, F_ kept insisting that we'd just be mugging on valentine's for our exams. I was rather disappointed, but tried not to show it cos I figured being able to see him at all was good enough. However, after I met him the next day, instead of driving to school, he went to jelita instead and bought pasta ingredients and soup. I chose pumpkin soup. MMmm. I also chose a bottle of chardonnay. They didn't sell prawns tho, so we had to run over to clementi for a wine bottle opener and prawns from the wet market, which although a pain to peel, were sooo fresh and delicious! I think I'll definitely buy prawns from the wet market in future, they're fresher and cheaper too :) I kind of like the wet market. I don't know why. I know most people think it's wet and dirty but I think the food really is fresher, and the fish and everything is so nice and fun to look at. Ok I'm weird let's move on.

Finally, with all our ingredients (and appliances) in hand, we went to his clementi place and cooked our pasta. I was in charge of prawn duty but thankfully F_ found some plastic gloves, so it made the job less gooey. The mussells from jelita were really weird so we didn't use them. F_ skillfully filleted the salmon, and did a really good job too, cos there weren't any bones in the salmon after. In total, we took 2 hours to prepare + washup!! It was 3pm by the time we managed to settle down and enjoy the fruits of our labour. It was really delicious :D F_ also very nicely brought one of our favourite tapes of all time, beautiful life, and we watched it (me for the 2nd time, him for the 5th) together on the sofa, me lying in his lap while he stroked my hair. Felt so loved and happy :) The wine was really nice too. We didn't notice the time, we were so happy together that it came as a shock when we discovered it was already 6.30! We hurriedly packed the extra food into some cute tupperware boxes that he found in the cupboards, and recorked the remaining wine, and tidied the place up. He was supposed to reach home by 7 for his prayers. Unfortunately by the time we reached back, his family had gone and they didn't answer his calls so he couldn't even take a taxi or anything. He msged me as I was on the way back to tell me I had his keys in the car, so I drove back . He sweetly offered to drive me back, since he couldn't go for the prayers anyway, so I suggested that we go to the ice-cream parlour at serene ctr, and after much persuading he finally agreed :)

While I was taking away a tub of cookies and cream (F_ kept the tub after, it's so cute) F_ surprised me by buying 3 beautiful stalks of purple orchids! My favourite kind too! You know, there's the all purple ones and the purple and white ones. I like the all purple ones and he knew it so he got me those and they're so pretty and they smell so good! They're thriving at my window next to the aloe vera now, and they smell so nice that I walk over to sniff them a few times a day. I was really over the moon by now, and after placing the flowers in a water bottle (he wanted the flowers in a hurry to surprise me, so he told them not to waste time putting the cotton etc) we went upstairs to the top deck of farrer mkt carpark to enjoy our ice-cream. It was really yummy too! Finally, tired but so happy, we went home and I found a vase to put my flowers in. And that was how I spent this year's valentine's day. It was a really happy and memorable day for me. Thank you my pup for making it so wonderful :X

12:38 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.