Archives
<< current













 
Get a life! Sign my guestbook.

Darling Yang

Clem

Cons

Chris








Taaaagggg!

Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)





























manicwisp
 
Monday, March 01, 2004  
Ode to An Expiring Frog, by Charles Dickens (from "The Pickwick Papers"):

Can I view thee panting, lying
On thy stomach, without sighing;
Can I unmoved see thee dying
On a log,
Expiring frog!

Say, have fiends in shape of boys,
With wild hallo, and brutal noise,
Hunted thee from marshy joys,
With a dog,
Expiring frog!

One of my favourites. RRrrribbit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read that poem in the Pickwick papers, a search for it on the internet led me to a site "Froggy Poems" (wow...)
Found this really stupid one

Here's a Japanese frog song, contributed by Garfield Dean (garfield@hparc.eurocontrol.fr):

Ka ey roo no oo ta ga
ki ko ey tay koo roo no
kwa kwa kwa kwa
kero kero kero kero kwa kwa kwa.

The translation is something like:

I like to go to the lake
and hear the frogs sing:
kwa kwa kwa kwa
kero kero kero kero kwa kwa kwa.

("Kero" is how frogs croak in Japanese.)


WTF?? I didn't know frogs croaked in different languages. Yah I'm speciest. All you bitches come and sue me.


9:22 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.