|
|
|
|
|
| |
Tuesday, April 22, 2003
Amazing News!!!! Our beagle gave birth today! Funny thing is, we were all under the impression that her fallopian tubes had already been ligated...So we thought she was just getting fat. Sadly, by the time we got there, she had suffocated three of her puppies, leaving three (one male, 2 female). Perhaps it's because it's her first pregnancy, but she seems to have no maternal instincts whatsoever, she even bit the ear of one of the puppies, a really adorable black one with a white cross at its neck (I adopted it right away, it's so active and playful and cute). So we have to hand-rear them. Thankfully, the bleeding has stopped. Yours truly volunteered to care for the puppies (being the most zo bo in the house) and I'm supposed to feed them every three hours. They're so adorable, everytime I put them on my lap they'll fall asleep, I think it's the warmth and the sensation of my breathing(?) They're rustling around in the newspaper-covered basket now. When the maid first came screaming into the living room (I was playing the piano then), I thought she meant the chickens had laid eggs and the eggs had hatched...So soon??? We just got them yesterday! Imagine my shock when I ran out to find a couple of hamsterish-looking creatures in her kennel...Dad drove the pet shop guy over right away, he's the guy who brought this border collie to us for adoption (the naughty feller subsequently ran off and was never seen again), and he identified the puppies as the border collie's work...Hmmm border collie X beagle...They'll be a strange looking bunch methinks...Haha...Isn't life wonderful and strange? Gonna feed them now (again)....Yeah! Puppies!!!!
11:41 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|